Greetings to the Pack,We will have a Pack Meeting followed by a Christmas party on this coming Monday, December 14. Please bring some finger food to share.
Thursday, December 10, 2015
Thursday, November 12, 2015
We have a couple things to note:
1) Dues are due. That's $26 for the 2016 calendar year, plus $12 for Boy's Life (optional). Please turn that in by Nov. 16 or speak to myself or Eric Hester about a scholarship.
2) Uniforms. If your scout doesn't have a uniform, we have a few that have been donated and we can see if we have a shirt that will fit. If not, speak to myself or Eric Hester. I also know of one Tiger Scout uniform for sale.
3) Parent check off of awards. Parents- you can check off your son's award requirements if you believe he has "done his best" to meet them. We look for solid effort, not perfection. Please let me or your den leader (or both) know if your son has completed a belt loop or pin (or something else) outside of meetings. Either way, please mark completion in their handbook so there is a record of them completing a requirement.
4) Bobcat & new scouts - we want them to complete the Bobcat as soon as possible. Please let me know by the end of this Monday's meeting (16th) if your son has completed all 7 Bobcat requirements (including a discussion between you and him of the youth protection pamphlet). I would love to award all the new boys Bobcats at our next pack meeting.
5) Webelos Troop Visit - The Webelos scouts are invited to visit a regular meeting of Boy Scout Troop 914. They meet at the same church as we do at 6:30 pm on Thursday, November 19. They will do some demonstrations for our boys and involve them in some activities.
Thursday, October 8, 2015
We've all seen the news of the flooding and damage in South Carolina and as Scouts, our first response is how can we "help other people at all times" in this situation.
TWSA is collecting cases of bottled water to send to several communities, mainly Columbia, SC, that lack clean water service right now. I would like to ask each family in the pack to bring one case of bottled water to our den meeting on Monday, October 12. I encourage you to get the word out to family and neighbors, asking them to donate more either to you to bring to our Den meeting OR by directly dropping off the cases at TWSA.
Also, I will need one family with a vehicle with relatively large cargo space such as a truck, SUV, or minivan, to help me load up these cases to drop off at TWSA. Please let me know if you're able to help & drop off those cases the next day.
-Lee Nickles, Cubmaster
Friday, October 2, 2015
WCU has cancelled the campout portion of the Scout Football Day. This seems like a very wise move to me. The game is still going on and if you signed up you can still get your ticket from me, attend the game, use the food voucher, and get a patch. I will be at the Will Call gate at about 2:30 to 3 pm - Gate 1 - see the map for where this is.
If you want your ticket early, let me know and I can try to meet you elsewhere. However, I will not get food vouchers until I can pick them up at Will Call the day of the game. We're all sitting together in our pack, so you can get those from me for your family once we're inside the stadium.
My cell if you need it: 828.399.1657
Thursday, September 24, 2015
Greetings to the Pack,
We have several new scouts joining us as a result of recruitment night this week, so to those: Welcome! I'm Lee Nickles, Cubmaster for the Pack. If you have any questions please talk to your den leader or myself.
For everyone (and a reminder for our returning scouts) we have several events coming up.
1) This Saturday, Sept. 26, Shooting Sports day. Show up at 9 am at the American Legion in Waynesville with $5. There will be a round of shooting sports and other activities for all cub scouts. Lunch is included.
2) Pack Meeting, Monday, Sept 28, 6 pm at Cullowhee Methodist Church. If possible, come in uniform.
3) WCU Football/Campout - Oct. 3. For $15 per person, you get a ticket to the football game, a food voucher, and the opportunity to camp out on the field after the game. I need to know by this Friday at noon at the very latest if you plan to go and how many tickets you need. Scouts must come in Class A/Field uniform (blue or khaki uniform shirt).
4) Cub-Parent Weekend - Oct 10-11. This is at Camp Daniel Boone and is $30 per cub and parent pair. Please register and pay at pack meeting this coming Monday. Details:
Also, Popcorn Sales begin this Friday. We need funds from popcorn sales to keep our pack going.
Take note of our pack website:
You'll find copies of these emails AND our pack calendar.
Again, if you have any questions please contact me or any other leader.
-Lee Nickles, Cubmaster